We are already this person. We were born this person — every one of us. It is our own Nature and who we will always be.
Yet our life experiences color our vision and our sense of self. We are inundated, constantly, with hardship, challenges, and disreputable energies.
To conquer the effects of being in this world, it’s meaner side, we must do two things, in particular:
- Lift ourselves up, every day.
- Lift others up, every day.
Every day, because this reinforces our commitment, and the continuity gives us strength — and opens our heart.
How do we lift ourselves up?
- Knowing that something better is available to us, we seek it. We are always seeking to be in that Divine energy.
- Nature is an easy way to find it, for nature is pure consciousness. Being in nature — just to experience it, not intrude ourselves or our will upon it — teaches us to let go and relax our judgments (for it is our judgments that keep us in the darker perceptions of ourselves and others).
- Another way to be in our pure Self is through any form of meditation, or any form of daily practice that slows us down into our core Self. In this state, we feel the Presence of Life — which is already and always around us and through us.
- A beautiful way to heal our distrust and fear is to reach out to help others. The gifts of our being, our soul, our talents, our time — these nurture us, while also nurturing others.
We all have access to these basic ways to heal our confusion and doubt. All we have to do is say to ourselves, “Yes. This is me … and who I want to be.”
Being our best self requires commitment. It requires our effort, our time, daily.
What we put our attention on is what we grow, and is the person we become.
~ ~ ~
Multiple award-winning spiritual author, futurist, visionary and messenger of angels since 1975, Charol Messenger writes on The New Humanity, which is now – and it is you.
All content this blog copyright © Charol Messenger. ALL AMAZON TITLES PRINT KINDLE SEE TOP MENU FOR TITLES, DESCRIPTIONS, REVIEWS, TABLES OF CONTENT, SAMPLES, AND BOOK AWARDS, including three in October 2016.